Students can come to the first class FREE! Contact us to reserve your spot.
Educational Mission Trips
By Sharon Jeffus Copyright 2017
There is a new phenomenon in homeschool and Christian education that gives students the ability to learn a subject well and then reinforce their learning by putting it to use on the mission field. This year I am going to teach an advanced fine arts and graphic art course on an advanced high school level, and then give students the opportunity to use what they have learned and build their portfolio on two different week-long mission trips.
Art is a powerful tool in communication of the gospel. Many students are gifted in the visual arts but have not had the training and experience to use it effectively and with confidence in their churches and communities, and especially when they go on mission trips to serve the Lord and communicate the gospel. Everyone knows the power of an image to convey truth. Art transcends language.
The slogan of Visual Manna’s new art program is “BE BOLD, BE ORIGINAL, AND BE EXCELLENT.” Students will spend 20 hours online studying art techniques in media on an AP level. They can even work towards the dual credit. Then there will be eight mission trips where students will be given the opportunity to serve. Each mission trip will focus on creating beauty and uplifting the areas that they will be held in, and be part of a team effort assisting the present situation or ministry. They must complete two week long trips to complete the course. Students can choose from Kansas City, Ireland/Scotland, Israel, St. Louis, Ironton (Camp Penuel), Salem, MO, and more. On some of the mission trips, parents are welcome to be a part of the experience. Students will create educational beautiful spaces in Kansas City, MO and St. Louis, MO with sculptures and murals. They will create graphic art and work in illustration, photography and film-making for their professional portfolio. They will receive my teaching programs to use, and my paint party topics for outreach on missions and for use in their own communities. They will gain confidence and leadership in art and learn how to use their gifting for the Lord. You can email me at email@example.com for more information. Other educational mission trips are offered by https://www.facebook.com/MissionAdventuring/.
Love of beauty is taste. The creation of beauty is art. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
The true work of art is but a shadow of the divine perfection. – Michelangelo
The spirit of Christ is the spirit of missions. The nearer we get to Him, the more intensely missionary we become. – Henry Martyn
Are you wanting to teach art? Here is a sample power point from our new 25 Power Point Series for Teaching Art Package. These power points make it very easy to teach art to your students. They teach art history, art vocabulary and an introduction to techniques. You will receive: 2 power points on the Elements of Art; 3 power points on the Principles of Art; AND 1 power point of each of the following – Cave Painting and Early Art, Early Christian Art, Renaissance Art, Baroque Art, Impressionism, Expressionism, Abstract, Op Art and Pop Art, Art Nouveau and Art Deco, Dogs, Elephants, Cats, Victorian Art, Hands in Art, Outer Space in Art, Graphic Art, Fashion Design, Folk Art, One Point Perspective, Two Point Perspective and Sculpting. As a bonus in addition to the power points you also get a Skype session with Sharon Jeffus [owner of Visual Manna] giving you lots of good ideas to use as well. Enjoy!
About Visual Manna Media Internships
Interested in learning more?
Visual Manna Media offers one month internships by invitation. These take place in Salem, MO near the beautiful Montauk State Park. Students will develop and complete a digital portfolio, learn graphic art skills on the computer, have an opportunity to clep 6 credit hours in AP studio art and drawing, and honors high school English. They will also have an opportunity to travel and teach. All supplies and room and board included in cost. Students will help assist in teaching as well as doing their own art. Download our sample graduate portfolio to see what a portfolio looks like from an actual Visual Manna graduate. Contact us for rates.
1. Student will leave with a digital portfolio of excellent work and over 175 hours of studio work.
2. Student will have at least five well done works of original art suitable for a show, with twelve works in all for her digital portfolio (this includes two murals).
3. Hours working with a lifetime certified art teacher (me) so logging her hours will lend credibility to her teaching.
4. Student will go home with my Art Basics for Children, Master Drawing and Visual Manna One Complete Curriculum to aid in her teaching at home. She can have this free in the digital version or purchase it from Rainbow Resources. She will also have the Bible and Art Curriculum to use. She will teach students at least three times.
5. Student will understand how to work with clients in marketing her art and present herself professionally.
6. Student will assist in mural painting and understand how to estimate cost, etc.
7. Student will work with the park naturalist on work for the Department of Natural Resources and he will write a letter for her portfolio on the quality of her work.
8. Student will learn to use a desktop publishing program and create an art lesson. She will teach at least three art lessons that she has helped develop. Pictures will be taken of her classes.
Please pray about if this might be right for your children, as I feel as though each student who enters the program is called by God to be an artist.
The Lord has so blessed me with art and media training, I want to pass this on to homeschool students who feel called to minister in the arts.
Contact us with any questions about the internship opportunities and rates.
The dove of peace, clothes pin angels, an angel mobile, toy soldiers of the cross, a shepherd landscape and much more. Most of the materials needed you already have at home such as yarn, glue, scissors, glitter, poster board, ribbon, clothes pins, etc. Enjoy!
Join us here for more art lessons, art tips, resources and more at: —-> https://www.facebook.com/visualmanna
Please check out all of our other offerings too!